Gwynns Falls Trail
The Gwynns Falls Trail is a 15 mile ribbon of green in Baltimore City for hikers, bikers and nature lovers of all ages.
The greenway connects over 2,000 acres of publicly owned land within the Gwynns Falls stream valley and includes one of the largest wilderness woodland parks in the Eastern United States - the Gwynns Falls and Leakin parks. These parks alone encompass 1,200 acres and house approximately 10 miles of additional paths that wander up and down the parks' slopes. These paths are wonderful for hiking and are especially unique in an urban setting.
The Gwynns Fall Trail is a public private partnership. The City of Baltimore owns and manages the Trail and the Parks & People Foundation coordinates community involvement, volunteer activities and events along the Trail.
In addition, the Parks & People Foundation founded the Gwynns Falls Trail Council, a membership organization created to promote enjoyment and continuous improvement of the Trail.
Get The App!
The Gwynns Falls Trail app can be downloaded directly from Apple’s iTunes App Store for $0.99. Available here.
Features of the App include:
- Detailed City maps of the Trail and surrounding Baltimore neighborhoods
- Photos and descriptions for dozens of key locations throughout the trail system
- Points of Interest listings for over 90 locations in and around Baltimore
- GPS tracking of your location, even without WiFi or cell reception
- A revolutionary new trail navigation system
- Map tools including distance, bearing, area and compass
- Customized pins to record photos, comments, & locations along your hike/ride
- Detailed search capabilities by nearby locations and by type
- Ability to Identify the Latitude/Longitude or UTM Coordinate for any place on the map
To learn more about the Gwynns Falls Trail, email Guy Hager or call him at (410) 448-5663 ext 101.