ONE PARK is a concept developed by the Parks & People Foundation for the renewal and use of parks and open space in the City of Baltimore. We envision a Baltimore in which every citizen benefits from a green network of open space.
Building on the city's rich heritage of parks, One Park unites the city in an integrated system of parks, street trees, community gardens, landscaped boulevards and paths, squares, schoolyards, college campuses, recreation areas, and other public open spaces. One Park is a concept for the design, enhanced use and care of green space that encourages social, economic and community development by:
- Addressing public health needs.
- Improving environmental health.
- Unifying our diverse citizens and neighborhoods.
- Enhancing urban aesthetics.
- Marketing our open spaces to potential users.
- Creating incentives for individuals, corporations and organizations to achieve this public goal.
- Leveraging resources and assets.
To help others visualize the ONE PARK concept, Parks & People created the following maps of Baltimore:
- Click HERE to view a map of Baltimore's existing PARKS (green spaces on map)
- Click HERE to view a map of Baltimore's existing OPENSPACE
- Click HERE to view of map of Baltimore's PARKS & OPENSPACES together
- Click HERE to view a map of the Parks & People's vision for Baltimore: ONE PARK